On October 23rd from 2-4 pm and October 24th from 10 am to noon, we will hold auditions for our spring musical, Bonnie and Clyde, directed by Mitchell Prudhomme and assistant directed by Hollie Guidry!
At the height of the Great Depression, Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow went from two small-town nobodies in West Texas to America's most renowned folk heroes and Texas law enforcement's worst nightmares. Fearless, shameless and alluring, the Tony-nominated Bonnie and Clyde, from the legendary Frank Wildhorn, is the electrifying story of love, adventure, and crime that captured the attention of an entire country. When Bonnie and Clyde meet, their mutual cravings for excitement and fame immediately set them on a mission to chase their dreams. Their bold and reckless behavior turns the young lovers' thrilling adventure into a downward spiral, putting themselves and their loved ones in trouble with the law. Forced to stay on the run, the lovers resort to robbery and murder to survive. As the infamous duo's fame grows bigger, their inevitable end draws nearer.
Those auditioning should come at any point on either audition date. Auditionees should prepare a roughly 60 second, a capella excerpt from any musical theatre song, preferably one from the show. (If you'd like to sing with music, please bring your own track and play it from your phone.) You will also read a scene from the show based on the character for whom you are auditioning.
A readthrough date will be set based on cast availability. The tentative rehearsal schedule is as follows: December 4, 11, 14, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29; January 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29; February 1, 6, 7, 8, 9.
Performances will run Friday-Sunday between February 11th and 20th, 2022.
● Bonnie (G3-F5) - A girl torn between love and fame. Clyde's ambitious, stubborn partner. Age: 20’s
● Blanche (G3-Eb5)- A religious woman who disapproves of the criminal lifestyle. Honorable and righteous. Married to Buck. Age: 20’s-30’s
● Young Bonnie (C#4-C5) - Bonnie’s past self. Age: 10-15
● Trish (B3-F5)- Blanche’s friend and customer at the hair salon. Age: 20’s-30’s
● Stella (B3-F5) - Blanche’s friend and customer at the hair salon. Age: 20’s-30’s
● Eleanore - Blanche’s friend and customer at the hair salon. Age: 20’s-30’s
● Emma - Bonnie's widowed mother. Fragile, caring, sensitive. Age: 40+
● Cumie - A kind woman among those suffering in the Depression. Loyal and selfless. Mother to Clyde and Buck. Age: 50+
● Ferguson - An enforcer of the law and Governor of Texas. Tough and harsh. Age: 50+
● Ensemble - Congregants, Customers, Bread Line Folks, Etc. Any age
● Clyde (A2-C5) - A charming small-town boy who craves notoriety. Bonnie's reckless, bold, daring lover. Age: 20’s
● Buck (B2-G4) - Clyde's brother and an outlaw troubled by his wife's distaste for his lifestyle. Adventurous and loyal. Age: 20’s-30’s
● Ted (C3-A4) - A police officer struggling to separate his feelings from his duties. Kind and honest. Madly in love with Bonnie. Age: 20’s-30’s
● Young Clyde (B3-A5) - The younger version of our hero. Age: 10-15
● Preacher (A2-C5) - The town's evangelist. Loud, passionate, boisterous. Age: 20+
● Henry - A hard-working man, struggling to survive. Humble and quiet. Father of Clyde and Buck. Age: 50+
● Sheriff Schmid- The local lawman, under whose nose Clyde escapes prison. Age: 40+
● Hamer - A retired Texas Ranger who joins the hunt for Bonnie and Clyde. Recruited by Governor Ferguson. Age: 40+
● Alcorn - The best sharpshooter in Texas. Recruited by Frank Hamer, he helps hunt down Bonnie and Clyde. Age: 30+
● Archie - A fan of the Barrow Gang. Any age
● Joe - Trish’s criminal husband. Age: 20’s-30’s
● Ensemble - Congregants, Customers, Bread Line Folks, Etc
For more information, including the option to receive advance copies of audition scenes, contact Mitchell Prudhomme at MJPrudhomme@USA.com